Tuesday, September 05, 2006

ANGEL WINGS FOR AN ANGEL


The angel wing bishop for my niece, Makiah, the close up shows off the "bullion pansies" I learned a from Joan Hinds workshop. The workshop was the beginning of my relationship to the Rocky Mountains Smockers, of which I am the current president. If you like smocking and would like to join us, please contact me. We meet once and month and have a non-profit status providing "WeeCare Gowns for premature and still born infants.






















Interweave Crochet Spring 2006 "Sweetpea Cardiigan" done in ivory with silk ribbon embroidery flowerheads, Mill Hill Glass beads for flower centers, DMC embroidery floss for stems, Mother of Pearl buttons. I did this for my darling niece, Makiah, in May for her third birthday. I did it to match the smocked dress shown above. Her mother is going to let me hand them down to Emily!

No comments: