Monday, September 04, 2006

AN HEIRLOOM DRESS








Those tiny pintucks without shoulder seams or set in sleeves. A one piece dress with side seams and back placket!



The hem was tedious, but so worth it, it reminded me of a wedding cake. I hand embroidered this with one strand of DMC floss thoughout.








The buttons attached with embroidered french knot for the top of a flower and the middle stem and sides are a lazy daisy stitch to make the leaves.


A layette for a princess, Emily, with embroider lillies, I call her "my lily." I crocheted the blanket. Upper hankie bonnet and jacket are Irish Linen, the bonnet can be taken apart by pulling one string and used for her wedding day as a hankie and completely french handsewn hemstitch to attach the lace which has lillies. The dress and slip are cotton batiste. I use all french laces.

No comments: