Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Poppy for Memorial Day

This appeared this morning and made me immediately think our troops in Iraq and all soldiers around the world. Also, I had just received an email from Sandi Wiseheart, Editor of Knitting Daily (which is a cool, new free subscription from our friends at Interweave Press! ) which brought tears to my eyes while reading about Major Laura over in Iraq! It also made me think of Major Knitter! So I am praying this weekend for all of our soldiers and even the one's on the other side.
Also, I must mention my son, who is serving our country in the states currently. I love you, Josh and may God be with you (and all our troops) at all times, and your comrades. I leave you with this excerpt from Jesus' "Beatitudes" from Matthew 5:43-48:

Love for Enemies
43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[h] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies[i] and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I will keep thinking... is it spring you are celebrating? Liza

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm back. I think your birthday is July 9 and you are celebrating your birthday in an artistic, flowery way. What that means- I'm not sure. Is it a big birthday? Liza