Wednesday, December 20, 2006

YO, BROTHER, JUMP UP MAN, DANCE

My brother-in-law requested a Rasfarian, so I did it in Bronco colors... by Afya Ibomu's Get Your Crochet On! Hip Hats & Cool Caps.









The pink, ivory and sage green set is for Catherine, my lovely daughter in law. Hip Knit Hats made of Paton's SWS.
I love working Paton's SWS (Soy and Wool) I crocheted the hat, "Head Up" from Rita Weiss' 24 Hour Crochet Projects. The scarf is my own pattern. I have received many compliments! I love wearing the ensemble. I have not had a problem with it shedding.
I love this yarn, by Hobby Lobby, even though it is synthetic, it gets lots of compliments. The yarn is Highland Thistle and just the name alone thrills me. I just did it all in knit stitch and it worked up fast.
I made this sampler scarf after collecting a bunch of neutral yarns. I was inspired by the cover of Celebrity Scarves, but I haven't decided on fringing it .... oh, the decisions, to fringe on not to fringe, reminds me of the old saying, "Do I have a hard time making decisions, well....yes and no!" lol.... The hat is from the cover of Hip Knit Hats. It's alot of fun to wear, I think I may have to go over board and make a matching jacket based on Chris Blysma's Crayonbox Jacket.

My son, Matthew will receive this "Vintage Scarf from Scarf Style and hat from Hip Knit Hats in Lion Brand chunky Wool Ease.


No comments: