Friday, May 18, 2007

Tagged MeMe

I am so bummed, I have lost my digital camera! I feel weird without it. I was becoming such an attachment! It kinda makes my head hurt in a really wierd way. I am sure I left it at a resturant and It has not be assuring that the resturant's manager told me her people were very honest. But I do have some good options, like getting a better camera! I do many photgraphs I can share, but gosh, you should see my delphiniums this year (that's last year's).

Pooch at Yarn~Knit~Read~Lit tagged me, this is a first for me! She tgged me for a meme to uncover all my secrets! I am copying the directions from her blog. Some one else tagged me to to the seven thing and on both I am suppose to tag other, but I am just too tired for tag today!


1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So here goes:
1. I loved Marilyn Monroe when I was a kid. I would sing all of her songs and pretend to be her. I thought she was the prettiest thing alive. When Jane Mansfield came along, I thought, she is just trying to copy her, but I liked her too, but not as much as Marilyn.

2. I fell in love with art when I was seven. I remember looking at Life Magazine and thinking how cool people like Jackson Pollock, Andy Warhol, Chuck Close , Peter Max, and Georgia O'Keefe were and someday, I too, would join their ranks! I have a dream!

3. I used to dream about falling in outerspace through a domino spaced( one stoy high) series of black and white spic and span floors which spanned endlessly thought outerspace. (I had a therapist tell me it represented being torn between the good and evil of life).

4. I was born and raised in Central Illinois, on the Illinois River. I remember going catfishing with my father and spotting some dead fish. I followed the fish upcreek to find a pipe spewing a green substance(anitfreeze). We were below the shadow of some major food processing plants. I went and got my father to look and afterwards we left. After that, my father never took me fishing on the Illinois River and I don't think he ever fished it again. This led me to question many things and began my crux as a environmentally based marketing researcher. I was green before green was green, and I still see it far differently from what is pretentious at best today.

5. I don't believe in traditional Western medicines approach to "finding a cure." There are rarely any cures, only preventions, and the one's being touted today are no better, if not worse that medieval "cures." I believe in prevention with nutrition. Forty percent carbs(high fiber), thirty percent protein, and thirty percent fat(no transfatty acids). Although I am not a good spokesperson for this healthy lifestlye because I love chocolate, heavy whipping cream and unsalted butter! I am a little overweight.

6. I still think it would be cool to paint backgrounds for Disney cartoon movies.

7. I love berries and cherries. Blueberries are the healthiest so I eat them for breakfast alot. 140 grams of blueberries, 227 grams of yogurt, and one-eighth of a cup of Australian granulated protein powder is a great morning or anytime meal.

8. And the most important. I love and worship Jesus. He died for me and rose to live for me. He has conquered all sin and His forgiveness, grace and mercy are free. I studied all the major religions of the world and then some more to find the truth. I was unable to disprove the Old and New Testaments. I found in all other "religions" they are based on traditions and works. I don't understand the intellectualism that one has to work their way to God? I love the freedom I have found in Christ and how he loves me for just who I am. I am grateful that Christ found me when I was searching for the truth. That's is the thing about Christ, he finds you where you are and loves you! I think it is so cool when people mature in Christ and discover life is not all about "me!" I constantly pray for everyone and everything, that they may experience the joy I have found in Christ! And "I hate religion" or anything with the trappings of traditionalistic ties (Christ hated it too!).