Sunday, December 02, 2007

Stage Sets - Hip Glorius

Journey to Bethlehem, Part One, Angels, Incorporated of four parts presented by JFC.org. I meant to invite everyone to attend and forgot! I apologize and hope you all forgive me!
The song the teens were drumming and rapping:

Angels we have on heard high
Sweetly singing ore the plains
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains

Gloria in excelsis Deo
Gloria in excelsis Deo

Come to Bethlehem and see
Christ whose birth the angels sing
Come adore on bended knee
Christ the Lord the newborn King

Gloria in excelsis Deo
Gloria in excelsis Deo

See him in a manger laid
Whom the choirs of angels praise
Mary, Joseph, lend your aid
While our hearts in love we raise

Gloria in excelsis Deo
Gloria, in excelsis Deo
Gloria in excelsis Deo



It was a great two days of four performances. I was priviledged to videorgraph two of the performances Saturday nite with the technical crew. Today, I went in and personally took some photos and a video - soon to be released on my You Tube channel, FrenchHand .

You may ask, why, FrenchHand? I love French Handsewing and have created many items for myself, my daughter and my granddaughter. I believe this handsewing to be the perfection of sewing prior to machine sewing. I am always humbled to see a white cotton batiste baby gown embellished with lots of french val laces, fine delicate embroidery and handstitching and a baby lying in the midst of it all! Babies are one of my many ways of seeing the hand of God move and create! My daughter was six, and the dress and hat took first place in the "Best Dress" category at the Illinois State Fair, 1984. I made it all by hand.

No comments: