Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ASHLEY ROCKS!

Ashley Thorpe rocks when it comes to golf. She's my step niece, my brother Tracy's girl. I have fond memories of meeting her in her back yard with my brother teaching her how to swing a golf club. She was four years old and I thought she looked just like Madeline(or the child actress). Now she's in college on a full ride scholarship thanks to my sweet brother teaching her golf. This past week she took the Ladies' River Cup in central Illinois. I am sure when she goes back to school in the next few weeks, her coach, Stan Mitchell may be as thrilled as I am. The week before she took second and brought a lovely crystal trophy to my birthday party! This was a nice family get together and I tried to tease her when she showed the trophy to me. I asked her if it was my birthday present! "No way, this is mine!" she abruptly said. I told her it was a present that she had won. Well, she went back from the Tri-County Women's Cup to the Ladies' River Cup beat the girl that had beat her the at the Tri Cup! Nice comeback, Ashley! She's a sohpomore on the golf team at Waco, Texas' McClennan Community College(she's the second from the left in both photos) and the pic above was in the Peoria Journal Star!
WAY TO GO ASHLEY!

No comments: