Saturday, May 05, 2007

Tulip and Chocolate time










Well, I didn't exaclty get the tulips in the time laspe order, but I think you get the point. They are called Appledoorn hybrids. They almost remind me of pink peonies. Then I saw my irises are shooting right along! I love blue irises. I have a love of a purplish-burgandy colored ones, which I had when I moved in here almost five years ago! Well, those burgandy ones were overgrown and I dug for three years to break them up and scatter them about! I think this year will be the start of the big payoff! But, last year hubby took me to the Iris Societies Annual Sale, and I made off with as many blues as I could possibly get my hands on. I can't wait to get pics when they are in bloom! Then, some painting will really begin. Yes, besides it being the year of joy, I believe it will turn into the summer of love, I will be painting lots of flowers this year!

The choclolate, well, the darker the better! I love dark chocolate, especially when I think I have accomplished something good. After finishing the back and now up to the chart on the front of the Turbulence U-Neck Pullover, yippee! The Queensland Katmandu is so soft and has a very cushy feel to it, I love working with it, I can't believe I bought this stuff last Saturday and are so far along with it. I just can't put it down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those tulips!!! When we lived in KY, we planted Angelique tulips that looked a lot like yours. I miss seeing them, so it's a treat to see yours.

Your sweater is looking great!