Thursday, June 14, 2007

Really Big, Really Tiny



David Cole, The Knitting Machine, 2005 (performance at MASS MoCA, North Adams, Massachusetts)
Photo. J. Carli

I am so sure. I know some have seen this, but I just had to put the two together! The really big and the really tiny. Okay, so I got the camera today and the batteries weere almost dead! It said ready to use, argh, ebay. I am dying to get to the store to purchase batteries to see if it really works or if I got gipped. I'm praying and trying very hard not to think evil thoughts...And then I was reminded of these pictures and had to post them They make me smile, laugh and wanna cry. They are just so outrageous, like the reminded of 9/11, make me wanna cry, or loosing my Barbie doll in a flood (I think those gloves would fit her. And, then just to laugh at the irony of why we do what we do when we do it....Does it have to be symbolic, almost religious tedium, or is it light-hearted and truly spiritural?
Click on photos for appearances. From the article:

Threads of Communication

Ancient crafts are reinterpreted at the Museum of Arts and Design.

By Daniela Morell




Althea Merback (United States)
Gloves, 2005; Wire-knitted silk
Kathleen Savage Browning Miniatures Collection,
Kentucky Gateway Museum Center

No comments: