Wednesday, January 09, 2008

What's Goin' On


And I say, Hey, hey, hey, hey....Hey, hey, hey, hey, what's goin' on!

Monday morning, January 7th, 2008 after boarding my flight for Pittsburgh, the crew announces that by federal regulations, they are allowed to delay our flight for one hour. I immediately whip out my cell, phone my airline, tell them this will make me miss my O'Hare connection and I need to get another flight! No problem. I arrive to Chicago safely, check in to find my flight has been moved to another gate, no problem. I get to the other gate and begin to wait a couple of hours. Announcement tells me my flight has been delayed (I did notice a rather unflattering, large photo of George W. in all the newsstands I pasted on the way to my gate). I begin to wonder, what is up? A very nice person (traveling nurse) preceded to tell me her last leg(45 minute flight) of a three day journey had been held up. She also told me on her flight in, her plane had to circle the airport for two hours and the captain announced Air Force One was prioritized to keep air space open while in Chicago! So this is why I was waiting and watching O'Hare fill up with people!



I arrived safely in Pittsburgh, Monday night, around 7 PM, I was supposed to be there by 2:35 PM.

The next day, my son and I went to the Andy Warhol Museum, I can now cross that off my list of things to do! I bought what I thought was a yo-yo for hubby....My son pointed out it was a magnet!
Here's the stash from the Andy Warhol and Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!!!! Yes, my son and I toured Cleveland on the way back from Illinois! I went to Pittsburgh so my son wouldn't have to drive by himself to Illinois for my father's eightieth birthday. I will have to show you the birthday and then the real stash! Yarn, not lots, some purchased, some gifted and some gifts and what my mom has been up to!

No comments: