Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nicky, Pins and Sheep











Nicky Epstein is the fabulous knitter from Brooklyn, N. Y. who's scarf(yes, this is the scarf - I even tried it on) is on the cover of Vogue Knitting's 25 Anniversary issue. I was dubbed "knitting angel" from her, I got to help students which were stuck on their stitching. It was a fabulous day and I learned so much. Nicky is not only a prolific writer for knitters and crocheters, but also she's a prolific teacher. She was able to go over so much and it was a such a great experience to see her in motion and to see so many knitters get so many projects done. Nicky's trunk show was just as rewarding.


I gave her the shawl pin in the pic and she absolutely loved it. It includes a set of convertable stitch markers for knit or crochet the metal is sterling silver, the main bead is done in lampwork.


Oh, I did promise to post those animals. The bottom is a rendering of my dog, Tipsy. Tipsy has white tips, hence her name. She always likes to get into the show. Here she's trying to steal the show of my winter creation, "Goldilocks Shawl." I will have to tell you about it soon.

No comments: